We invite all interested scholars to submit proposals for panels dealing with The Dark Side of Communication, i.e. what dark side communication activities ‘are’ and what they ‘do’ in or with reference to organizational contexts. Panels should consists of four individual presenters and focus on empirical cases and/or conceptual, theoretical or philosophical issues within the following or related questions:
- What may constitute dark side communicating activities? And why?
- Where do we find dark side communicating activities? And why?
- How do we analyze dark side communicating activities?
- Why are organizations (ostensibly) making use of dark side communicating activities?
- How do we – as scholars as well as citizens – evaluate dark side communicating activities?
The conference takes place against a backdrop of:
- (critical) organizational communication
- corporate, professional, and business communication
- critical management studies
- critical discourse studies
- critical media studies
Needless to say, all interested scholars from adjacent fields are highly encouraged to attend.
Panel proposals should not exceed 600 words and should include title of panel, the panel’s main research agenda / problem, a short description of each panelist’s topic and how these topics are integrated within the panel with a view to addressing the research agenda / problem in question.
Please ensure that your panel proposal is anonymized by removing all features from the text as well as from the document properties that may help identify you as the author of the text. For references to your own work in the reference list, please use ‘author’.
Panels have a duration of 45 minutes + 15 min discussion. The conference language is English.
Deadline for submission of panel proposals is 15 December 2018. Notification of acceptance is due in early April of 2019.