The research group LangLing provides a setting for language research in the Department of Culture and Global Studies and comprises linguistic basic R&D and applied language research in foreign languages and in Danish. Researchers in English, Spanish and German are currently represented in the group, but we welcome anyone with an interest in languages.
In LangLing, we research broadly in languages. However, for the foreseeable future we will focus on the following research areas:
- Language didactics (e.g. at the university and in upper secondary schools)
- Contrastivity/comparative studies in languages (e.g. translation)
- Language functionality (e.g. genre surveys and descriptions of language constructions)
- Language and cognition (e.g. language acquisition and the creation of linguistic meaning)
- Sociolinguistics (e.g. the interplay between language and culture/identity and language policy)
Our research can be applied both inside the university in connection with research-based language teaching and outside the university, where it can be related to the educational sector as well as to businesses, organisations and institutions.